Engine Maintenance & Exhaust Repair in Holland and Zeeland, MI
Your exhaust system, muffler, and catalytic converter are all important parts of your vehicle. You always want to ensure they are taken care of and operating properly. Your life could depend on them one day! A good exhaust system will keep your vehicle running smoothly. It performs an essential function to redirect harmful exhaust fumes from your engine. If the exhaust is not working properly, bad things can happen. The engine can deteriorate. Moreover, possible carbon monoxide build-up in the passenger cabin could prove to be deadly.
Additionally, having an effective exhaust system will not only reduce emissions but it’ll also improve your fuel economy. Therefore, when it comes to exhaust repair and engine maintenance, consider the ASE certified technicians at Westside Service in Holland and Zeeland, MI.
Some common warning signs could mean you have potential issues with your exhaust system, catalytic converter, muffler, or exhaust pipe.
- Rattling Noises – A failing catalytic converter may sound like someone is shaking a metal box full of pennies. Bear in mind that your catalytic converter is one of the costliest components of the exhaust system, so you should not take any chances with it. If you hear this kind of sound, get it inspected immediately.
- Check Engine Light – If the catalytic converter is failing, it may also trigger the check engine light on your car’s dashboard. Again, this issue should be inspected by auto repair experts.
- Loud Exhaust Noises – If the “vroom, vroom” of your car sounds louder than usual, it’s likely your exhaust pipe or muffler. It’s best to have it checked out and get minor repairs done before they lead to bigger problems.
- Vibrations - If your car is losing power or vibrating a lot, it could be an exhaust problem. However, it could also mean something else. You’ll want to get it inspected by the professional auto technicians at Westside Service. We’ll determine the real source of the problem and get it fixed for you.
- Decreased Fuel Efficiency – If your car does not get the usual gas mileage, it could be an exhaust issue or something else entirely. It is worth having it inspected, just to be sure.
Call Westside Service today for exhaust system repairs, engine maintenance, or other auto repairs. Let us take care of you and your vehicle. Also, you can book a service appointment online.