When it comes to taking care of your car, one of crucial elements is ensuring that you have correct tires. Not only do they ensure a smooth ride, but they also help keep you safe on the road. Selecting proper tires can be a mind-blowing task since there are a variety of types available in different sizes, with different features. To ensure you choose the right tires for your car and driving needs, there are some important factors to consider. Here is a brief guide on basic tire difference and how to choose car tires.
Types of Tires
There exist different types of tires for different vehicles and specific needs. They include:
- All-season Tires - These are made for variety of weather conditions ranging from dry to wet roads to light snow. They create smooth driving and have a strong grip for all seasons.
- Winter Tires - Winter tires are designed for snowy and ice roads. They contain special treads that help to grip the road hence a must for drivers in winter prone areas.
- Summer Tires – If you live in warm weather conditions, then summer tires are good for you. These tires are designed with a strong grip for dry and thus don't perform well on wet roads.
- All Terrain Tires - These tires are made for pickup trucks and SUVs to help them navigate uneven surfaces. They are designed with complex pattern in such a way to support off-road driving.
- Performance Tires - These kinds of tires are designed with high speed rating and thus made for sports cars and other high perfuming vehicles. Their design work by increasing handling and grip, but they have a short life span compared to other type of tires.
How to Choose the Right Tire for Your Car
When selecting the right tires for your car, you will need to consider a few factors. First, you need to think about you're driving style. In such that if you drive with high speed then you should consider tires with higher speed rating and with good traction. Secondly, do you drive mostly in city streets or on highways? The kind of terrain that you drive in is also quite important to consider for correct tires selection. Thirdly, what kind of climate are you driving in? What is your budget and the type of vehicle you have? All of these things can impact which tire is best for your vehicle.
With the right information you can be sure to find the perfect tires for your car. If you need assistance choosing the right tires for your vehicle, we invite you to bring your vehicle to Westside Service today!