Why is changing your motor oil so important? And does it matter when and how often you do it? Yes, read on to find out!
All car owners have the ultimate responsibility to change their oil on time to keep their car and its engine running properly. Although it is a frequent maintenance service, an oil change service opens the opportunity to have other important vehicle systems checked. Some of these parts may include your belts, hoses, filters, tire pressure, fluid levels, and more. So whether you're driving a brand new vehicle or a vintage one, you can never doubt the power of regular oil changes.
5 Benefits of Regular Oil Changes
- Keeps Your Engine Clean - Changing your motor oil and replacing your filters per your manufacturer's recommendations will eliminate any contaminants from your engine before they can harm its components.
- Extend Engine Life - Oil lubricates and protects your engine from wear and tear. So if you continue to run with dirty oil, it can cause excess friction and wear down the parts quicker.
- Engine Becomes More Efficient - Ensuring that your engine always has clean motor oil flowing throughout it will help reduce friction, which will allow your engine to run smoothly to attain the best possible mileage for your vehicle.
- Pass Your Emissions Test Without a Problem - When your engine combusts, it emits hydrocarbons. If you fail to change your oil regularly, you may see an increase in harmful vehicle emissions, resulting in a failed emissions test. If you care about pollution, change your oil.
- Improve Engine Performance - Of course, oil changes are designed to enhance your engine performance. Some motor oils even have specialized additives to do this.
You should always follow your manufacturer's instructions regarding your oil changes. If you need an oil and filter service soon, look no further than Westside Service.